Life in the time of COVID-19 ...
I now offer all my services following ODH, CDC and WHO guidelines, these include:
- Using SKYPE, ZOOM, Facetime, text and voice support and training for you, your birth partner and to establish your birth team.
- Following Ohio Department of Health guidelines, when both your birth team and I feel safe, I can come to your side at your home as well.
- And where Northern Ohio Hospitals allow Doulas to be present, I will be suited up and masked as required so I can be at your side. (I have already attended a hospital birth in Akron at Summa Health June 2020)
- Dateline: 9/15/2020
- Cleveland Clinic today announced a Doula will be allowed to come with you Mom and Dad! (Full details will follow as to what qualifications the Doula must have. Also which locations are effected.)
- North Eastern Ohio's Doulas are so happy at this news!
Your Miracle is on its way!
What life has taught me ...
Giving birth is like no other life changing event. As your Doula I will guide you with the spirit of a mother, the love of a sister and the strength of a grandmother. Birth has an eternal quality and a special holiness.
Birth is a time filled with the light of grace. Birth will forever imprint itself not only in your mind but, more importantly, in your heart.
Your body knows what to do. My task is simply to reassure you and sustain your focus in that underlying truth!
I ask that you allow me the honor of helping you have the birth you desire. I will be your strong advocate and offer you myself as an emotional rock when the waves of labor wash over you.
I know how important it is to be nurtured, not judged, supported, not ignored, cherished as the birthing woman you are and not as a patient that someone thinks they need to rush for any reason except the safety of your child and you.
I will help you with what your body tells you it needs. I can chant with you, dance and sing with you, walk or sit with you, be silent and just be a steady presence for the duration of your labor. And, with the help of your partner and the medical staff, we will help bring your baby gently through to be with you.
Click below to read the Cleveland.com Article!